Failure, it will happen. All successful people have failed. A lot.
Starting a business can be tough, and Acella is no stranger to experiencing a difficult time. We’re still fairly new in the community of web design, development and hosting companies here in New Hampshire. But we know that we have a way of service delivery that makes us different. There’s an urge in our founders to deliver truly personal, exceptional service alongside our web development and design skill sets. And I have no doubt we will succeed as a company because we are motivated and determined to help our fellow local small businesses in looking great online.
But when starting anything new, especially a business, you’re going to find tough edges that are difficult to cut through. Testing, failing and succeeding, it’s all part of it and it’s inevitable that failure will surface. That doesn’t mean that failure is a reason to stop dredging through. Failure, after all, is one avenue for education. When you fail, you learn something, you learn what didn’t work.
But that’s not what I’m here to share, that’s for another day. I’m here to share with you some quotes that I’ve found throughout various other well established sources. Quotes that touch me in a special place in my soul, and those that I relate to as I’ve experienced similar situations or felt a similar way. Who know’s, maybe some of these will be painted on our walls in our virtual office. In other words, my computer’s desktop 😛
10 Quotes that motivate
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
- “A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
- “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
- “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
A quote from myself, and one that I feel, is truer than ever. It’s a quote that I say quite often, and one that I hold a lot of value with:
- “Don’t waste valuable energy dwelling on the negative. Acknowledge, analyze and plan a path to recover. Failure doesn’t make you, it’s how you recover from failure that determines your character” – Travis Wade